Generally, DirectConnect will run quietly in the background and not disrupt your workflow. However, certain safeguards have been put into place to assist with troubleshooting DirectConnect should anything happen.
If you have recently installed DirectConnect, here are few things to check:
- Be sure to install Printer ++ first
- Be sure to install the correct version of Printer ++ (32 or 64-bit)
- The "LoggedInUserName" is not their Forcura username. It is the username the use to log into the computer (or server).
- If you're not sure what the username is you can click Help > About
- The "LoggedInUserName" is case sensitive. Please make sure it matches exactly.
- The token can be confirmed or created in the user's Forcura profile.
If you have checked these items or have used DirectConnect successfully in the past, please check the following:
- Make sure DirectConnect is running in the background. You can easily check this by looking for the orange logo in the application tray. If it's not running, you can start it from here: C:\Forcura\
- Try shutting down DirectConnect and reluanching it. You can shut it down by right-clicking on the orange icon and clicking "Shutdown DirectConnect".
- You can start/ restart DirectConnect from your C:// Drive. The file path is C:\Forcura. Within that folder double-click DirectConnectVirtual (.exe) to launch DirectConnect.