Every so often, users may need to clear their internet browser's cache in order to utilize new features. Here are some browser specific instructions for clearing your cache:
- Log into Forcura using Google Chrome
- Press F12 on your keyboard. This opens the Chrome Developer Tools.
- Right-click on the browser Reload button visible in the upper right-hand corner of your computer screen. Now, you can find 3 Reload Options displayed: 'Normal Reload', 'Hard Reload', and 'Empty Cache & Hard Reload'.
- Click 'Empty Cache & Hard Reload'.
- Select Tools (Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history...
NOTE: You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete. You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies. If this does not resolve the issue please follow the remaining instructions.
Close out of Internet Options. Click on Tools and select Developer Tools. Note: The F12 developer tools in Internet Explorer 11 do not include a cache menu. This process will only work for IE10.
In the Developer Tools window, click on Cache and select Clear Browser Cache...
Click Yes to confirm the clearing of the browser cache.
Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- Click on the Network tab.
- In the Cached Web Content section, click
Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.